movie review

Features opinionated movie reviews, movie trailers, and general movie talk.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Iron Man

Plot:

Tony Stark is the complete playboy who also happens to be an engineering genius. While in Afghanistan demonstrating a new missile he's captured and wounded. His captors want him to assemble a missile for them but instead he creates an armored suit and a means to prevent his death from the shrapnel left in his chest by the attack. He uses the armored suit to escape. Back in the U.S. he announces his company will cease making weapons and he begins work on an updated armored suit only to find that Obadiah Stane, his second in command at Stark industries has been selling Stark weapons to the insurgents. He uses his new suit to return to Afghanistan to destroy the arms and then to stop Stane from misusing his research.

Review:

I wasn't able to watch this movie when it came out and finally managed to see it now. There was huge hype about this movie being the 2nd best summer movie of the year (2nd to The Dark Knight). So I was expecting something amazing, something crazy, something awesome!... and what I found with all this hoopla, to me, didn't really live up to the hype. Now, I'm not saying this movie was bad or anything. Its a solid movie, decent story and Downey Jr. is awesome as Tony Stark. I just found that in relation to other summer movies, like The Incredible Hulk and Wanted, it wasn't that much better, if at all. It stands way below The Dark Knight in my books. Also, I can't get over how much i dislike Gwenyth Paltrow. I just don't get why people think she's good. PBP, if ya know what I mean.

Rating: 4/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home