movie review

Features opinionated movie reviews, movie trailers, and general movie talk.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pineapple Express

Plot:

Lazy court-process clerk and stoner Dale Denton has only one reason to visit his equally lazy dealer Saul Silver: to purchase weed, specifically, a rare new strain called Pineapple Express. But when Dale becomes the only witness to a murder by a crooked cop and the city's most dangerous drug lord, he panics and dumps his roach of Pineapple Express at the scene. Dale now has another reason to visit Saul: to find out if the weed is so rare that it can be traced back to him--and it is. As Dale and Saul run for their lives, they quickly discover that they're not suffering from weed-fueled paranoia: incredibly, the bad guys really are hot on their trail and trying to figure out the fastest way to kill them both. All aboard the Pineapple Express.

Review:

I must say that I was marginally disappointed with this one. There was a lot of hoop-lah about it being hilarious stoner movie. Now, I wasn't stoned when I watched it, I was drunk. So that could have had an effect on my thoughts of it. I found myself laughing a few times but I thought a lot of the jokes were hit-or-miss. Franco was the funniest guy in the movie by far and its worth it to see his shenanigans.

Rating: 3/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home